- 1.2 When we say 'we', 'us' or 'Nexus Dimensions' are referring to Nexus Dimensions, a business registered in Victoria, Australia (Australian Business Number 58 423 168 989).
- 1.3 When we refer to 'User Terms’ we mean the rules for using our Site. By accessing or using any of the services on our Site, you accept the application of this policy. When we say “you” or “your” we mean you, the end user of our Site or system, which includes Registered Members, Business Members and Affiliate Members. If you do not agree to this policy we won't take it personally, but please do not use our Site.
2. What type of personal information do we collect?
- 2.1 We collect certain personal information about visitors and members of our Site. The most common types of information we collect are things like: member names, email addresses, contact details, business information, event and attendance information, transactional and payment details, comments, feedback, support queries and web analytics data. We may also collect personal information from applicants to become an Affiliate Member and this information may be used to assess eligibility and conduct our referral incentive program.
- 2.2 Information or an opinion is considered to be your "personal information" if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual. In this policy, “non-personal data” refers to information that could not be used to identify a specific person.
3.How we collect personal information
- 3.1 We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use Services associated with the Site.
- 3.2 When you provide personal information to us via the Site you're consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the User Terms. You are likely to provide personal information when you complete membership registration and create or attend events using our Services, subscribe to our mailing list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- 3.3 If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our Services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our Site.
4.Personal information we collect about you from others
- 4.1 Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect personal information about you from other people (such as when verifying member or payment provider account details required to process a transaction).
- 4.2 Information may be transmitted to us automatically, from the browser on your computer or mobile device, or tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services. Often this information will be non-personal data, but we may collect Personal Information, including a unique identifier associated with your computer or device, characteristics about your access, statistics on your activities using the Services.
- 4.3 We may also receive personal information about you from other members of the site or from social media integrations, our payment gateway provider or other third parties. Business Members may set up appointment registration pages to collect any information from attendees in connection with a booking or registering interest for an appointment listed using the Services. If you voluntarily provide information in connection with booking or registering interest for an appointment, it will be available to us and will be held by us in accordance with this policy. If you book for a paid appointment, we may collect financial information from you (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.) and attendance data, some of which may constitute Personal Information.
- 4.4 As a Business Member we will collect additional Personal Information from you. In most cases to secure payment we will receive financial information about you such as your credit card information (e.g. your credit card number, expiry date etc), bank account information, billing address and ABN) as necessary to facilitate payments and for tax purposes. We may also collect or receive Personal Information from third party sources, such as third party websites, your bank, our payment gateway provider and credit reporting agencies.
5 How do we use personal information?
- 5.1 We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Site and provide you with Services, like to verify your identity when you sign in to our Site, to facilitate and process bookings or transactions using the Services, to respond to support requests and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customise our services and websites, like advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalised experience
- send you reminders or information about events or appointments accessible through the Services or notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Site, like to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- train our staff about how to best serve our Members
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
6 When may we disclose your personal information?
- 6.1 We may disclose personal information to others, such as:
- our employees and business partners anywhere in the world
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above)
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- other people where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
- 6.2 We use a network of global subcontractors and service providers in order to ensure that we maintain the best possible service standards. Some of the subcontractors and service providers to whom we may disclose your personal information are based outside Australia (in places like the United States and the United Arab Emirates).
7 How do we store your personal information?
- 7.1 Our system is hosted on servers maintained by our service provider in the United States. We require that Personal Information is stored on secure servers and any hard copy files kept in a secure location.
- 7.2 In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance. Personal Information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption as appropriate.
- 7.3 We do not store your personal financial information. Any payments processed using the Site will be processed through the gateway of our payment provider and we will retain certain limited information, like the last 4 digits of your card number. If you elect to store your card details they will be stored within our payment provider’s card vault and a token will be stored on our system which we may use to refer to the card for future payments.
8 How can you access your personal information?
- 8.1 You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have for our site at any time.
- 8.2 To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy manager using the contact details at the end of this policy.
9 Choices regarding control of your personal information
- 9.1 Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can 'opt-out' of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
- 9.2 If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
- 9.3 If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an "unsubscribe" facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
- 9.4 You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
10 Cookies and web analytics
- 10.1 Cookies are used to enhance your use of our Services and the Site, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to limit or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Site. For general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- 10.2 When you visit our Site, there's certain information that's recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true super-hero identity. The fancy term for this is 'web analytics information', and we only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. If you're logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We're talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Site
- the operating system which your computer uses
11 Information you make public or give to others
- 11.1 If you make your personal information available to other people, we can't control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that information. There are lots of ways that you may find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user via our Site.
12 When we need to update this policy
- 12.1 We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- 12.2 When we do amend this policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We'll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Site – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
13 How can you contact us?
- 13.1 If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us by emailing our privacy manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13.2 If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with Australian privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to our privacy champion. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at oaic.gov.au.
Copyright 2018 Version 2016.09